How to Guide on Therapy & Therapists
How do you know if you need therapy? And also how do you know when a therapist is working for you - or not? On this episode, Caitlin explores what indicates now might be the right time to pursue therapy, and if you do pursue therapy, how to tell if you'd found a good fit for your clinical needs.
Checklist - Could Therapy Be Helpful For You?
- Do you feel overwhelmed?
- Has your quality of life decreased?
- Have your relationships, job, or school been negatively impacted?
- Do your emotions feel all over the place?
- Do you feel hopeless?
- Do you feel anxious to the point where those thoughts and feelings take up a large part of your day?
- Are you withdrawn or isolated from others?
After having your first session or two, it’s important to think about the following questions:
- Did you feel confident that your therapist understood and cared about what you were saying?
- Did their insight or guidance resonate with you?
- Did you feel like you were being judged?
- Did you feel like you were able to relate to them? Did it feel too clinical?
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/talk_therapy_to_me/